Monday, January 10, 2011

Russian Roomie

So a couple of months ago I found out some great news. Captain Safety and I were in the midst of our long-term endurement of living apart in separate states when we found out a dear friend was interviewing for a job right by where Captain Safety lived.

Now when I say dear friend, I don't mean the kind that your grandma has in the small town she lives in. No, this friend is likely one of 4 living individuals who know nearly everything about me. We met at Junior College where we were both on the women's basketball team. We were always friends there but we really became close when we both decided to transfer to the same school to continue our collegiate careers.

We were roomies, best buds, amigos, teammates and quite simply confidants. After 3 more years together at school in Pennsylvania we found ourselves graduated and moving on our separate ways. Me back to Iowa because Captain Safety swept me off my feet, and her to Brooklyn to pursue a coaching career.

Fast forward a number of years and like a gift from above, she accepted the position and rightfully so...moved in with Captain Safety. Now to say I was excited was an understatement. Not only was I nearing in on moving back to the state to be with my husband, but I now had nearly full-time access to my BFF. Simply put, I was happy.

Now I'm not just happy because I get to see this caring, thoughtful, bright and beautiful individual each day. I'm mostly happy because there's a slight chance that I'll wake up some Sunday morning to this:






No comments:

Post a Comment